Ph: (210) 614-6400
The Ariel House
8118 Datapoint Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Rudolph F. Jass, Jr.
- Licensed to Practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2008 to Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2000 to Present
- Licensed to Practice Law in Texas, 1998
- State Bar of Texas Member, 1998 to Present
» Family Law Section Member, 2007 to Present
- San Antonio Bar Association Member, 2000 to Present
» Community Relations Committee Member 2000 to 2002
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association Member, 2003 to 2007
- Texas-Mexico Bar Association Member, 1997 to 2002
Lead Counsel - Established The Law Offices of Rudolph F. Jass, Jr., PLLC - October 1999 to Present
- Family Law: Adoptions, Divorce, Suits Affecting Parent-Child Relationship
- Estate Planning and Probate Litigation: Wills, Powers of Attorney, Administration of Estates
- Business/Corporate Planning, Consumer Protection Litigation, & General Civil Litigation Practice
Associate Attorney- Dan A. Naranjo, P.C., Attorney / Mediator / Arbitrator - January 1999 to October 1999
- District Court Hearings in Corporate Contract Disputes, Contested Probate, Family Law Matters, etc.
- Drafting of Buy-Sell Agreements, Wills, Powers of Attorney, Business/Corporate Planning, etc.
Misdemeanor Criminal Appointments - Bexar County Courts of Law - November 1998 to October 1999
- DWI, Theft, Assault, Unlawful Possession of Weapon, Motions to Revoke Probation, etc.
- Dismissals, Plea-bargains, Continued Probation, etc.
Research Assistant - Professor Wayne I. Fagan, St. Mary's University School of Law, Centre for Conciliation
- Compilation of ADR related treaties and statutes; Organization of American States (OAS) members.
- Communication and coordination with OAS and correspondents of these nations.
Student Attorney - St. Mary's University School of Law, Center for Legal and Social Justice
- Community Development Clinic - May 1997 to April 1998
» Client interviews and counseling, legal memoranda/responses to opposing counsel, interaction with FBI, Attorney General's office, and District Attorney's office.
- AIDS Family Assistance Project - September 1996 to May 1998
» Drafting of wills, trusts, powers of attorney for health care, and directives to physicians for persons with the AIDS virus and terminal cancer patients.
Internship - Cuarto Juzgado de Distrito (Fourth Federal District Court), Monterrey, Mexico - July 1996
- Drafted legal memoranda. Observation of the Mexican legal system. Close personal contact with judge, prosecutors, and other court personnel.
English Professor - El Centro Ecuatoriano-Norteamericano, Cuenca, Ecuador - September 1994 to June 1995
- Taught intermediate and advanced English for students of all ages. Designed and implemented course materials. Heightened oral, analytical, and public speaking skills.
J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas - May 1998
Class Standing - Top 1/3 of Class
- International Law Association & Vice-President, International Internships & Saltillo, Mexico Trip 1997
- Volunteer Tax Preparer, Las Colonias Project 1996, 1997, 1998
- Mock Trial Experience: ATLA (Break Rounds) & State Mock Trial
- Pro Bono Service Certificate (250+ pro bono hours)
B.A., Lewis and Clark College, Portland, Oregon - June 1994
Business and Administrative Studies, Emphasis in International Affairs and Hispanic Studies
- Chairman, 1994 Business and Economics Symposium
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity: President, Scholarship Chairman, and Social Chairman
- Participant in Overseas Education: Ecuador, South America - 1992
SKILLS and INTERESTS
- Proficient in written and verbal Spanish
- Soccer Coach, Canoeing and other related outdoor activities, Cooking, and Boy Scouts (Eagle Scout - Troop 41)